More than ever firms have greater choice on their location. Competition between agencies for mobile firms is intense and the package needed to attract firms and retain them through aftercare is critical. PACEC's multi-disciplinary approach for agencies covers market intelligence, premises and sites, labour supply, the supply chain, residential, educational and leisure facilities and agency grants and support packages.
PACEC has also advised firms on their location strategies and specific sites.
- Location and access to markets
- Globalisation and tends in mobility
- Technological change and location
- Transport needs and access
- Labour requirements and workforce
- Property and design requirements
- Supply chains and linkages
- Training and business development support
- Local facilities: cultural, education, retail, housing, recreational
- Networks and collaboration
Examples of Projects
- BIS Competitiveness Division: A major review of the benefits and wider effects of inward investment to the UK, including in-depth case studies in all regions (eg the North East and Yorkshire), and the appraisal of impacts on supplier networks, and facilities.
- Wandsworth Borough Council: Development of an inward investment and marketing strategy to attract mobile office users to the Borough.
- Yorkshire Forward: Promotion of the Advance Manufacturing Park and attractiveness to inward investors in Europe and N. America.
- Bexley Borough Council: Inward investment strategy to attract major manufacturing users in Bexley Thameside.
- WDA Regional Marketing: The preparation of marketing and inward investment strategies for five WDA regions. The strategies were developed in partnership with local agencies in each region.
- Made in London and LDA: Review of policies, land availability and potential of main industrial estates in Objective 2 areas.
- Medway and North Kent: Preparation of an assessment of the financial and business services sector in partnership with Locate in Kent to assist the development of the marketing and promotion strategy for Medway.
- Forfás: A review for the Irish Trade Policy Department of the impact of outward direct investment by Irish companies.