PACEC is a leading consultancy on developing innovation and technology strategies, the identification of technologies, local strengths, the role of key sectors and clusters, and support networks in innovation. We have evaluated and developed best practice for central government's main innovation programmes and services and carried out feasibility studies on the development of initiatives.
- Technology mapping and the role of key firms in local areas
- The role of innovation in competitiveness and raising productivity
- Innovation and exploitation by firms
- Barriers to innovation: finance and risk, attitudes, skills, systems, and practices
- The role of advice, networks, and collaboration to assist technology transfer
- The role of universities in spin-out and innovation
- The effectiveness of government support services and best practice
Examples of Projects
- South Yorkshire Partnership for Innovation and Technology: Evaluation of support for firms and its effectiveness in encouraging innovation.
- Welsh Assembly Government: Review of the Regional Technology Plan for Wales with partners and the European Commission.
- EMRA: Review of the East Midlands Regional Innovation Strategy (EMDA).
- Greater Cambridge Partnership: The Cambridge Phenomenon. Fulfilling the Potential. Strategy for the development of high-tech, key technologies and support for innovation in the sub region.
- BIS: Evaluation of central government major programmes: SMART, Grants for R&D (with all RDAs), the Teaching Company Scheme, the Faraday Programme, support for Regional Technology Organisations, Grants for Investigating Innovative Ideas, and LINC programmes.
- Evaluations have covered all English regions.
- Scottish Enterprise: Review of schemes to strengthen the "investment readiness" of growth firms and university spin-out of knowledge-based firms.
- Innovation Centre / Science Park Reviews:
- Cambridge Consortium: Cambridge Science Park
- Wolfson College: Oxford Science Park
- Ministry of Defence: RSRE, Malvern Science Park
- Scottish Enterprise: Glasgow Medi Park
- Yorkshire Forward: Advanced Manufacturing Park
- Bexley BC: Innovation Centre
- Colchester: Software Development Park