A thorough appraisal of project options and funding is critical to success and sustainable benefits. PACEC has appraised initiatives across all areas of economic development: business development teams, start-up support and incubation services, training projects, and specific initiatives such as innovation centres, technology and business parks, business improvement, enterprise, and employment zones.
- Developing the project response
- Consideration of options
- Relative costs of options
- Impact assessment and benefits
- Stakeholder and partner involvement
- Governance and management
- Risk assessment and contingencies
- Sources of funding and bidding
- Implementation and action planning
Examples of Projects
- Brent Council: Feasibility and development of online services and support to stimulate business start-ups in deprived areas.
- BL4L: A review of business support network for start-ups and SMEs, and the development of an Action Plan for partners.
- Scottish Enterprise: The development of an Action Plan to stimulate commercialisation and academic spin out.
- Kent County Council: Review of a Business Action Team designed to identify and address the needs of businesses in key sectors including health, engineering, pharmaceuticals.
- Innovation Centre / Science Park Feasibility Studies:
- Nortampton Innovation Centre
- Wolfson College
- Oxford Science Park
- Ministry of Defence
- Malvern Science Park
- Scottish Enterprise
- Glasgow Medi Park
- Bexley Innovation Centre
- Enterprise Hubs in Bexhill and Eastbourne
- Creative Industries Centres in Camden and Haringey